At 4,600 feet, the Bald mountain House is the perfect vacation getaway! Enjoy the refreshing breezes of the Smokey Mountains from the 85′ long covered porch, go horseback riding, or access the Appalachian Trail at Big Bald Mountain – all without leaving the resort property. Big Bald Mountain (elev. 5,516 ft.) features 360-degree views of three states and makes for a breathtaking picnic spot.
Just south of The Bald Mountain House is Asheville, an exciting and cultured city. Local musicians and artisans thrive in this diverse metropolis, offering an exciting array of shops, galleries, restaurants, microbreweries, and the Biltmore Estate. Whatever you’re into, you can find it in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Hot Springs – A resort and spa featuring water heated deep within the earth. The crystal clear carbonated waters are famous for their mineral content and legendary healing powers.
- The Biltmore Estate – Built in 1895, this world-famous, beautifully restored historic home of the Vanderbilt family is open for tours and sightseeing.
- The Grove Park Inn – This historic Asheville inn features a full-service luxury spa, automotive museum, winery, and two upscale dining choices.
- The Stables at Bucktown – Enjoy horseback riding within our Wolf Laurel Resort
- French Broad Rafting Company – Whether it’s adventure and excitement of whitewater rafting, or the ease and relaxation of a calm water trip, this is the professional rafting outfitter for you!
- Navitat Treetop Tours – Navitat in Asheville includes zipline and ropes challenge course adventures high above the ground whose sole focus is tree-based adventure. Nationally award-winning and great for the whole family!
- The North Carolina Arboretum – Nestled in the Southern Appalachian Mountains just south of Asheville, this arboretum offers acres of cultivated gardens and groomed trails featuring some of the most beautiful, botanically-diverse plants in the region.
- Southern Highland Craft Guild & Folk Art Center – Educating on the importance of local craft and its ability to impact the local creative economy through retail, live demonstrations, craft fairs, and special events, the Center promotes the purpose and appreciation of native artisans and their craft.
- Explore Asheville – Located in the heart of the Appalachians and close to The Bald Mountain House, this off-beat and eclectic town has local art galleries, dining, and sightseeing. This site features current happenings in Asheville.
- Asheville River Arts District – Visit the working studios and galleries of hundreds of Asheville artists– painting, pottery, jewelry, glass, metal, wood, and much more. Open every day!
- Bristol Motor Speedway – This racing track hosts the NASCAR Winston Cup, Busch, All Pro and Dash series.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway – The Blue Ridge Parkway is a ribbon of road that weaves through the region’s vibrant living traditions. From Cherokee life and agricultural history to Southern Appalachian crafts and music, the Parkway’s 469 miles through Virginia and North Carolina offer many ways to explore rich traditions.
- Mt. Mitchell State Park – From its easily accessible observation deck, the forests of Mount Mitchell State Park leads the eye to unmatched views. A museum explains the mountain’s cultural and natural history, and its trail network allows visitors to explore up close, offering short hikes near the summit and challenging treks leading to adjacent wilderness areas.
Please call us for the best available rates & current specials.